Pursuant to RA 9710 known as the Magna Carta of Women and Memorandum Circular No. 2011-01 dated October 21, 2011 issued by the Philippines Commission on Women, the DILG-CAR GAD Focal Point System is hereby reconstituted as follows:
TECHNICAL WORKING GROUP:
Chairperson: SAO Gerry C. Balang
The GFPS shall perform the following functions:
1) Lead in mainstreaming gender perspective in agency/department policies, plans and programs. In the process, they shall ensure the assessment of the gender-responsiveness of systems, structures, policies, programs, processes, and procedures of the agency based on the priority needs and concerns of constituencies and employees and the formulation of recommendations including their implementation.
2) Lead in setting up appropriate systems and mechanisms to ensure the generation, processing, review and updating of sex-disaggregated data or GAD database to serve as basis in performance-based gender responsive planning;
3) Coordinate efforts of different divisions, offices, units of the agency and advocate for the integration of GAD perspectives in all their systems and processes.4) Spearhead the preparation of the agency annual performance-based GAD Plans, Programs and Budget in response to gender issues of their constituencies and clients and in the context of their agency mandate, and consolidate the same following the format and procedure prescribed by the PCW, DBM and NEDA in Joint Circular 2012-1. The GFPS shall likewise be responsible for submitting the consolidated GAD Plans and Budgets of the department/agency, and as needed, in responding to PCW’s comments or requests for additional information.
5) Lead in monitoring the effective implementation of GAD-related policies and the annual GAD Plans, Programs and Budget of the agency;
6) Lead the preparation and consolidation of the annual agency GAD Accomplishment Report and other agency GAD Reports that maybe required under the MCW;
7) Strengthen the external link with other agencies or organizations working on women’s rights and gender and development to harmonize and synchronize GAD efforts in the agency;
8) Promote and actively pursue the participation of women and gender advocates, other civil society groups and private organizations in the various stages of the development planning cycle; and 9) Ensure that all personnel of the agency including the finance officers (e.g. Accountant, Budget Officer, Auditors) are capacitated on GAD. Along this line, the GFPS will recommend and plan an appropriate capacity development program on gender and development for its employees as part of and implemented under its regular Human Resource Development program.
Functions of the GFPS-TWG:
1) Facilitate the implementation of the gender mainstreaming efforts of the agency through the GAD planning and budgeting processes;
2) Formulate agency GAD Plans, Programs and Budget in response to the gender gaps and issues faced by their clients and constituencies, women and men employees, following the conduct of a gender audit, gender analysis, and/or review of sex disaggregated data;
3) Assist in the capacity development of and provide technical assistance to the agency, and as needed, to officers in the other offices or units. In this regard, the TWG shall work with the human resource development office on the development and implementation of an appropriate capacity development program on gender equality and women's empowerment for its employees, and as requested or deemed necessary, for other offices under the agency, as the case may be;
4) Coordinate with the various units of the agency including its regional and attached agencies and ensure their meaningful participation in GAD strategic and annual planning exercises. The TWG of the GFPS of the central agency shall coordinate with the GFPS of its attached agencies, bureaus and regional offices especially on the preparation, consolidation and submission of GAD Plans and Budgets;
5) Lead the conduct of advocacy activities and the development of IEC materials to ensure critical support of agency officials, staff and relevant stakeholders to the activities of the GAD Focal Point System and GAD mainstreaming activities;
6) Monitor the implementation of GAD PAPs and GFPS activities;
7) Prepare and consolidate agency GAD accomplishment reports; and;
8) Provide regular updates ad recommendations to the head of agency GAD mainstreaming activities based on the feedback and reports of the various units of the agency.
The Secretariat shall have the following functions:
|"Matino, Mahusay at Maaasahan"|